~ A Blog About Mindfulness and Other Musings~
Join me along this journey called life as we travel ever so gently, serenely, and mindfully.


Tuesday, July 10, 2012

Cultivating A Green Thumb, Or in My Case, Purple Thumb

I continue to be obssessed with lavender -- I love the color, I love the fragrance, I love how pretty it looks when dried and bundled. 

I visited another Lavender Farm this past weekend in the same area where my in-laws live.  My mission:  to buy lavender plants for my garden.  Yes, I actually have a garden now.  I don't quite know what I'm doing yet as a gardener -- I've never had my own garden to tend to before.  But I'm trying.  And I did plant my lavender last evening.  Can't guarantee my garden will look like this:



Or that my lavender will even look like this:


But I am certainly having fun feeling the earth through my fingers, yanking weeds (what a great way to relieve stress), and really being aware of how easy it is to be mindful when gardening.   And so, here's to me, in a state of mindfulness, cultivating my green/purple thumb.

No comments: