~ A Blog About Mindfulness and Other Musings~
Join me along this journey called life as we travel ever so gently, serenely, and mindfully.


Saturday, October 1, 2011

A Word or Two, Ok, Maybe a Few...On Trusting


Max Ehrmann, in his poem Desiderata wrote,

And whether or not it is clear to you,
no doubt the universe is unfolding as it should.

Therefore, be at peace with God,
whatever you conceive Him to be,
And whatever your labors and aspirations,
in the noisy confusion of life,

keep peace in your soul.

I would definitely benefit from having more trust in the unfolding of the Universe, even when it appears that things are far from ideal, or at the very least, not going my way. 

I am currently reading, Writing and the Spiritual Life, and the line,
Within myself, I can bump up against God and still not trust Him
resonates quite deeply.

Life is definitely easier when I place trust in that which is Greater than myself. 
But, oh, how forgetful am I
when I think it's all up to me to make things happen. 

Here's to bumping up against a Higher Power and trusting,
What is to be, will be,
For my betterment.
Though it may not always be
Apparent at the time.

No comments: